Kremmling Red Sox look to keep streak alive
June 20, 2008
Cheer on the Kremmling Red Sox this Saturday as they battle to keep their Little League baseball winning streak going in a home game.
The Red Sox will be playing at 3 p.m. at the Red Mountain Sports Complex. This will follow the Kremmling Days Most Wanted Event, which is a fundraiser for the local Little League teams.
Playing in the Major’s Division of Little League, the Kremmling Red Sox are scheduled for 21 games this season. To date, they are undefeated at 16-0.
So far this season, the local team has played six teams from Summit County, as well as Idaho Springs and Gilpin County. Their divisional games include Granby and Fraser.
The team has 13 players ranging in age 10-12. Most of them are experienced, but a few are playing ball for the first year.
The players on Kremmling’s undefeated Red Sox Team are: Reno Davidson, Hunter Gasvoda, Casey Gore, Colton Bodemann, Leo Pesch, Nick Ritschard, Will Guess, Dillon Willson, Austin Gregory, Austin Faeth, Cole Tracy, Colin Jennings and Carter Faeth.
The team’s head coach is Britt Carmichael, a former college and minor league player who has also coached in independent leagues. The assistant coach is David Moore, who has consistently volunteered with youth sports in Kremmling for several years.
This year is the first time the two have coached baseball together.
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- (UPDATED) Registered sex offender running for office in Kremmling
- Power World buys Full Circle Cyclery to diversify motorsports business
- POLICE: Recent debit card fraud in Fraser Valley originated locally
- Winter Park Resort wakes up to a foot of fresh powder, but still seriously behind 10-year average
- Arrest made in Basalt bottle case after cops stake out dumping ground