Middle Park High School Nordic participates in Aspen Duathlon
January 22, 2014
The Middle Park High School Nordic team journeyed to Aspen, where the local ski and snowboard club hosted a 6-kilometer pursuit duathlon on Saturday, Jan. 18.
The skiers did a 1.5 km classic ski then quickly changed into skate skis for another 1.5 km.
In the boys division, the Panthers finished in sixth place out of 13 schools. Logan Miyauchi was the Panther's top finisher followed closely by Theo Loo and Elliot Shaw. Farther back were Mark Simmons, Kipp Dearduff, Daniel Kopp, Chris Ciccarelli and Ian Carver. Shaw, Simmons and Carver are now among six Middle Park skiers who have qualified for the state championships in February. Summit High School was the overall team winner.
In the girls division, Rowen Gallagher was the top skier for the Panthers followed by Macenzie Deplata, Sara McClain and Katja Della-Libera. Overall, the Lady Panthers were 10th out of 11 schools. Summit High School again was the overall team winner.
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Police search and seize black market marijuana operation in Granby
- Winter Park Resort wakes up to a foot of fresh powder, but still seriously behind 10-year average
- Prior child sexual assault conviction becomes issue for Kremmling trustee candidate
- Arrest made in Basalt bottle case after cops stake out dumping ground
- Winter Park Christian Church and School undergoes large expansion