Nordic race: Kremmling hosts second annual Latigo Loppet Freestyle Race
December 19, 2008
Nordic ski racers will have a chance to get out and compete in the 7.5 K and 15 K Second Annual Latigo Loppet Freestyle Race on Sunday at Latigo Ranch.
The ranch is northwest of Kremmling, and features a winter destination Nordic center.
“It’s one of the premier guest ranches,” race organizer Shawn Scholl said.
This is the first race in the Sven Wiik Nordic Cup series. A race for the kids will also be available. The race is open to all ages and abilities, he added.
The race starts at 11 a.m., and a post-race meal and raffle will also take place.
“(The course) rolls though some big open meadows with beautiful scenery of the Gore Range,” he said. “The view up there is unbelievable.”
The cost of the race for people who pre-register is $15 and $20 for people who register the day of the race. The price also includes the meal. Category prizes will be distributed after the race.
The race is a prelude to the Big Shooter Bonk on March 21, which includes a 15 K and 30 K race. People come from all over to compete in the event, Scholl said.
For more information call Big Shooter Coffee at (970) 724-3735 or visit http://www.steamboatxcski.org.
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Suspected pipe bombs found during traffic stop near Grand Lake
- New visitor’s center, artisan retail store to occupy former Granby Mini Mart
- Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band to headline this year’s Blues From the Top Festival as lineup is announced
- Board approves Fraser River plan, detailing $6.5M in improvements
- Kremmling chamber director resigns from position