Nordic skiers participate in super qualifier
February 3, 2015
Four Grand Nordic Development ski team athletes traveled to Soldier Hollow in Utah for the Super Qualifier ski event last weekend, vying with 471 other Nordic skiers from across the western U.S.
Skiers from Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, Wyoming, Utah and Colorado participated in this highly competitive event that took place on man-made snow in warm temperatures at the renowned 2002 winter Olympics venue.
Theo Loo, 15, had his best finish in the 5-K classic event Saturday, Jan. 31. He came in 40th out of 108 finishers, completing the course in 18:13.3. Loo's skate sprint performance on Friday, Jan. 30 ,garnered him a 59th place finish out of 114 total competitors in his division. He skied the 1.3-K course in 3:44.24.
Sebastian Brower, 13, skiing in the U14 division, took 27th place out of 87 skiers in the Saturday classic race, skiing his course in 12:03. He took 40th on Friday in the 1.3-K skate sprint race that had 87 skiers in his division.
Sylvia Brower, 10, skiing in the U12 division, came in 23rd out of 39 skiers in the 1.5-K classic race Saturday. She came in 20th out of 36 fellow competitors in the 1.3-K skate race Friday.
Rounding out the Grand Nordic competitors was Adrien Brower, 6, who took fifth place both days in the 1-K classic and skate races for the U-8 division. On both days he had six fellow competitors and he was the youngest skier competing in the event.
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Power World buys Full Circle Cyclery to diversify motorsports business
- Winter Park Resort wakes up to a foot of fresh powder, but still seriously behind 10-year average
- Arrest made in Basalt bottle case after cops stake out dumping ground
- (UPDATED) Registered sex offender running for office in Kremmling
- Police search and seize black market marijuana operation in Granby