NSCD names Fox education director
January 13, 2015
The National Sports Center for the Disabled (NSCD) has announced that Beth Fox has been named education and outreach director.
Previously Fox served as the organization's operations director. Her new role includes developing education and outreach programs for the NSCD with associations, institutions and groups in the U.S. and around the world.
"We are excited to have Beth grow our current education and outreach programs on a larger scale," said Becky Zimmermann, president and CEO of the NSCD. "This new role will give Beth the opportunity to focus on the benefits of introducing therapeutic recreation as a critical component in quality of life, promote the NSCD's role in providing the opportunity and completing the process as ambassador to facilitate fulfillment at the highest industry standards."
Fox will also develop curricula, resources, and training materials for the NSCD recreation program staff, volunteers, and interns that support adaptive recreation services. In addition she will be responsible for developing and implementing safety and risk management materials.
Throughout her 30 years at the NSCD, Fox has created education and training programs for many ski schools and specialized activities in snow sports and other outdoor recreation activities throughout the world for people with disabilities. She is a Professional Ski Instructor of America (PSIA) adaptive examiner, in 2005 she was inducted into the National Disabled Ski Hall of Fame, and in 2013 received the Cobb Partnership Award for collaboration to expand adaptive sports programs in Iceland.
The National Sports Center for the Disabled is one of the largest outdoor therapeutic recreation agencies in the world. The NSCD teaches a variety of winter and summer sports and activities to individuals with almost any physical, cognitive, emotional, or behavioral diagnosis.
For more information visit http://nscd.org.
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Cirque Sled offers faster easier access to Winter Park’s side-country
- Elite athletes training to achieve highest paralympic level
- Warrior’s Scramble Catch and Release fishing tournament Feb 12 on Williams Fork Reservoir
- Alpine Aerials Gymnastics girls rock at statewide competition
- Fraser: Alpine Aerials Gymnastics Meet results
- Local rental management businesses offer warning to second-home owners
- Alterra’s new Ikon ski pass cost heats up rivalry with Vail Resorts
- USS Colorado to be commissioned
- Robert ‘Mark’ Smith gets $960K in settlement, must sell Kremmling properties
- Winter Park approves spring music series, extension for Rendezvous expansion