Photo: West Grand football secures state playoff berth
November 5, 2013
The West Grand Mustang's crushing 52-8 victory over the Elbert Bulldogs on Saturday, Oct. 26, sent them to the Colorado A-8 Football Championships.
The Mustangs are seeded in as fourteenth out of 16 Colorado teams and are set to take on the number three-ranked Norwood Mavericks on Saturday, Nov. 2 in the first round bout. Last year when the Mustangs made the Championships they were ranked as the ninth toughest team.
The Mustangs will be visiting Norwood for the game, where the Mavericks have a solid 5-0 record.
This is a tough first game for the Mustang's as they try to sour Norwood's almost perfect 8-1 record.
Though West Grand could pull the difficult task of thwarting the number three seed as did Fowler last year during the A-8 championships. Last year Fowler was ranked as the number 12 seed and beat Norwood in a 46-20 victory in the first round of the playoffs. This year Fowler is ranked as the 15 seed for the Championships.
If the Mustangs defeat the Mavericks this Saturday, they will advance to the quarterfinals to take on the winner of the Kiowa and Merino game.
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Granby’s Three Lakes Fishing tournament looms
- Warrior’s Scramble Catch and Release fishing tournament Feb 12 on Williams Fork Reservoir
- Bob Singley, Winter Park skiing legend, inducted into Hall of Fame
- Arnold to compete at Youth Olympics in Lillehammer
- Chris Seemann appointed to USSA Board of Directors