Pole Creek Ladies Golf off to a good start
May 22, 2012
The Pole Creek Ladies’ Golf Association is kicking off the 2012 season May 24. About 52 new and returning members are ready for the competition and camaraderie golf provides. New and old rules are carried in our bags, and some of us have even read them. Many of us have gotten a jump start because of the great early season weather.
Examples of the week’s games are “David and Goliath (five longest holes), “Hate’Em” (you can figure that one out), and “If Only” (throwing out one score on each nine). Our proudest game is the one day members and guests come out for the “Rally for the Cure”. Organized by devoted member Julie Richards. That day we are a sea of pink with the person wearing the most pink, proven by showing us ALL the layers, winning a prize.
It’s always great to come back to see our friend Mary Moynihan, Golf Shop Manager at Pole Creek. Mary has been here since 1978, coming to us from Denver for the skiing and lifestyle. She started golfing at 8-years-old, taught some junior golf, and now golfs at least two times a week, in between her job responsibilities. She loves her job, would like to travel a bit more, and enjoys her family down in Denver when she can.
“It’s an awesome crew of woman who like to have fun, managing to improve their golf performance from week to week,” she said. The emphasis here is having fun for sure, the easiest goal to obtain.
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Suspected pipe bombs found during traffic stop near Grand Lake
- New visitor’s center, artisan retail store to occupy former Granby Mini Mart
- Riverside Spirits to relocate to downtown Winter Park leaving resort with fewer off-sale liquor options
- (CORRECTED) Registered sex offender running for office in Kremmling
- Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band to headline this year’s Blues From the Top Festival as lineup is announced