Pole Creek Ladies stay busy with home tournaments
July 3, 2008
Over the past couple weeks, the Pole Creek Ladies League has been busy with two home golf tournaments.
On Thursday, June 19, the Pole Creek Ladies played the “Odd Holes Tournament. Under its rules, regular stroke play took place on holes 1-18, but only the odd-numbered holes were totaled.
The winners in the Odd Holes Tournament are:
Low gross ” first place, Carol Stott; second place (tie), Pat Spears, Maggy Helm, Cherie Kinzler and Michelle DeFrange; and third place (tie), Diane Bishop, Sue Brooks and Dorinda Sironen.
Low net ” first place, Kris Shurson; second place, Julie Sawyer; and third place, Cathy Malone.
The Pole Creek Ladies were back in action for the “Best Nine Tournament” on their home course on Thursday, June 26.
Under the tournament’s rules, regular stroke play took place with the ladies totaling their best nine holes at the end of the 18 holes.
The winners of the Best Nine Tournament are:
Low gross ” first place, Michelle DeFrange; second place, Linda Moore; and third place, Pat Spears
Low net ” first place, Jutta Oberle; second place, Cathy Malone; and third place, Betty Williams.
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Suspected pipe bombs found during traffic stop near Grand Lake
- Riverside Spirits to relocate to downtown Winter Park leaving resort with fewer off-sale liquor options
- POLICE: Recent debit card fraud in Fraser Valley originated locally
- (CORRECTED) Registered sex offender running for office in Kremmling
- Grand County athletes return home as Paralympic Games conclude; part-time local resident captures gold in men’s slalom