Trout, trout, trout
March 7, 2014
The slush is here and very bad in spots but it is getting a little better. I would not advise ATVs.The rainbows are moving towards their spawning areas and will be hitting well at Willow Creek, the pump canal and Wolford. The spillway below Shadow Mountain Reservoir is giving up brown trout on worms drifted deep in the current and crank baits fished slow along the current seams. There are a lot of trout along the shorelines in the deeper reservoirs. The Kokanee in Wolford are hitting down by the dam in the old river channel. Lakers in Granby and Williams Fork are biting very good on small jigs like gulp minnows tipped with sucker meat.
Bernie Keefe has been a fishing guide on Lake Granby for over 15 years.
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Local riders shine at Snowboard Nationals
- Warrior’s Scramble Catch and Release fishing tournament Feb 12 on Williams Fork Reservoir
- The Doe Creek loop makes a satifsying Grand County day hike
- Bob Singley, Winter Park skiing legend, inducted into Hall of Fame
- Cirque Sled offers faster easier access to Winter Park’s side-country
- Winter Park Town Manager Drew Nelson resigns after domestic violence charge
- Winter Park Resort bucks bad snowpack perception
- Highway 40 opens after two-car crash
- CAIC issues avalanche advisory as NOAA warns of looming winter weather
- Development team announces construction of new $500K townhomes at Granby Ranch base camp