United in Purple rivalry game, starting new traditions
December 15, 2015
The rivalry game between East and West Grand starts at 5:30 on Thursday Dec 17 at the Middle Park High School gym. The girls play first then the boys game begins at 7 p.m. The premise of this rivalry game, according to Adam Bright, athletic director at Middle Park High School is that the teams will compete with everything they got but "we are right there for each other if you need anything."
New this year is the United in Purple Shootout at halftime between the Middle School teams. The Shootout's winning team gets a trophy which will stay at their school for the year. The teams will fight for the trophy each year during half time of the rivalry high school game.
Additionally, a 5th Quarter party will begin after the boys game in the MPHS commons sponsored by Mountain Parks Electric. After the game there will be food, drinks, and music for home and visiting players, families, and fans.
"The hope is that everyone will hang out and eat after the game, said Bright. "And build a bond."
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Warrior’s Scramble Catch and Release fishing tournament Feb 12 on Williams Fork Reservoir
- Cirque Sled offers faster easier access to Winter Park’s side-country
- Bob Singley, Winter Park skiing legend, inducted into Hall of Fame
- Grand County Trail of the Week: High Lonesome Hut
- Rau: Nordic ski trails are free at Ski Granby Ranch
- Alterra’s new Ikon ski pass cost heats up rivalry with Vail Resorts
- Robert ‘Mark’ Smith gets $960K in settlement, must sell Kremmling properties
- Resident has heated exchange with county over Henderson mill revaluation
- Local rental management businesses offer warning to second-home owners
- Letter: Trying to mislead the public