West Grand Wrestlers
February 2, 2012
The West Grand grapplers spent some time on the road last week as they traveled to Saratoga, Wyo., during the week and to Center on Saturday for the tough Valley Tournament.
In Saratoga, the team members accumulated a record of 10 wins and 12 losses in individual matches. Austin Faeth (126 pounds) led the way with a 3-1 record at the quad meet hosted by the Wyoming school.
The Valley Tournament is always extremely competitive and features several state-ranked wrestlers. Faeth and Daniel Terwilliger (120 pounds) both earned fifth-place finishes in their respective divisions. Cole Tracy earned one victory in the 113 pound class to earn the only other match victory for the Mustangs.
The team has one more quad meet in Meeker on Feb. 4 prior to the regional tournament in Grand Junction. Each wrestler must place fourth or higher at the regional tournament to qualify for the state tournament in Denver.
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Warrior’s Scramble Catch and Release fishing tournament Feb 12 on Williams Fork Reservoir
- New summer tubing hill nears completion at Snow Mountain Ranch
- Bob Singley, Winter Park skiing legend, inducted into Hall of Fame
- Cirque Sled offers faster easier access to Winter Park’s side-country
- Grand County Sheriff’s Office honors fallen deputy with ‘Race for Riggs’
- Winter Park Resort bucks bad snowpack perception
- CAIC issues avalanche advisory as NOAA warns of looming winter weather
- Winter Park Town Manager Drew Nelson resigns after domestic violence charge
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ is leaving Park County, but residents continue to fight for more mining oversight
- ‘River bottles’ found in area streams contain hazardous materials — don’t touch