Winter Park Compitiotion center dominated events last weekend
January 10, 2013
The Winter Park Competition Center posted some serious results in events in the past week with a huge number of Winter Park competitors taking to the podium in alpine events in Loveland and Copper, freestyle events in Steamboat Springs, and a slopestyle event in Vail.
Team Winter Park dominated in all age groups of both mens and womens for both days of the Loveland Bolle Age Class Series on Jan. 5 and 6, with 18 of the team’s athletes with top three finishes.
Finishers who nabbed podium spots are: Abigael Carron, Alyssa Leifer, Amanda Freeman, Asher Michel, Ben Brill, Ben Leifer, Calen Carron, Heidi Hathorne, Henry Bretz, James Lahrman, Kelly Graham, Linus Loughry, Madeleine Masiello, Milo Loughry, Nelson Oxley, Noah Riemenschneider, Sebastian Wiser, and Sydney Birtwhistle.
Bruce Perry took the Mens Mogul Overall Champion title during a freestyle event in Steamboat Springs, with Zach Strande, Jack Harty, Zane Larson, Conner Lambden, Jesse Andringa, and Casey Andringa placing 12th through 17th respectively. Lauren Burg took sixth and Kelly Lawson took ninth in the women’s freestyle.
At the SmartWool Colorado Ski Cup at Copper Mountain both Maxl Freeman and Cole Riccio moved up 40 spots in the standings while Adam Freeman was ranked in the top 10 both days. Clara Hathorne was ranked in the top 10 on Saturday and Andrea Arnold finished 12th on Saturday.
During the USASA slopestyle event that took place at Vail, Laydia Silber, Grace Knight, and Elan Fleetwood took first in their age group for snowboarding. During the same event, Conner Ladd took first in the skier boys 9 and under group; Wes Perry took fourth and Hunter Carey took eighth in the 10 to 12 age group; Carl Carson took eighth and Robby Wheeler took 10th in the 13-15 age group; and Adre Hamm took first and Cody Ray took second in the 16 to 18 age group.
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Cirque Sled offers faster easier access to Winter Park’s side-country
- Elite athletes training to achieve highest paralympic level
- Warrior’s Scramble Catch and Release fishing tournament Feb 12 on Williams Fork Reservoir
- Alpine Aerials Gymnastics girls rock at statewide competition
- Fraser: Alpine Aerials Gymnastics Meet results
- Local rental management businesses offer warning to second-home owners
- USS Colorado to be commissioned
- Robert ‘Mark’ Smith gets $960K in settlement, must sell Kremmling properties
- Alterra’s new Ikon ski pass cost heats up rivalry with Vail Resorts
- Winter Park approves spring music series, extension for Rendezvous expansion