Winter Park delays opening until Nov. 15
November 13, 2014
WINTER PARK – Winter Park Resort will open its 75th anniversary season on Saturday, Nov. 15, at 8:30 a.m.
With snow and colder temperatures in the forecast, postponing the resort's opening from the scheduled date of Nov. 12 allows Winter Park's snowmaking and slope maintenance crews three extra days to make sure skiing/riding conditions are up to the quality visitors expect from Winter Park Resort on opening day, according to resort officials.
The three extra days also builds the anticipation for what promises to be a sensational 75th season at Winter Park. For more information, visit http://www.winterparkresort.com.
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Cirque Sled offers faster easier access to Winter Park’s side-country
- Warrior’s Scramble Catch and Release fishing tournament Feb 12 on Williams Fork Reservoir
- Elite athletes training to achieve highest paralympic level
- Rau: Nordic ski trails are free at Ski Granby Ranch
- Alpine Aerials Gymnastics girls rock at statewide competition
- Local rental management businesses offer warning to second-home owners
- Alterra’s new Ikon ski pass cost heats up rivalry with Vail Resorts
- Robert ‘Mark’ Smith gets $960K in settlement, must sell Kremmling properties
- USS Colorado to be commissioned
- Winter Park approves spring music series, extension for Rendezvous expansion