Winter Park hosts U.S. Freestyle Selections
December 20, 2014
Need to work on your bump skiing?
Then head over to Winter Park Resort this weekend. You might learn something.
The resort is hosting the U.S. Ski Team Freestyle Selections, the only moguls freestyle selection event in the U.S. this year.
The top two male and female U.S. skiers will make their way to the Freestyle World Cup at Deer Valley, Utah, to compete for a spot on the U.S. Olympic Freestyle Team.
This year's talent includes current U.S. Ski Team members Bruce Perry Jr., from Winter Park, and Sho Kashima, as well as local rising stars Joel Hedrick, Elizabeth O'Connell, Hallee Ray and Kelly Lawson.
Perry Jr. placed seventh in the Dec. 18 qualifications, while Lawson placed 12th.
Additionally, top skiers from Russia, Australia, Germany, Japan and China will be competing for International Ski Federation points.
The selections at Winter Park will run from Dec. 18 to 21. Moguls competitions will be held on Dec. 18 and 20, with dual moguls competitions taking place on Dec. 21.
Winter Park aerialist Nik Seemann is currently competing in the U.S. Aerial Selections in Park City, Utah.
For the latest results, visit urtur.com/results.html.
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Winter Park Resort pulls out of local workforce housing project
- Grand County police blotter, Feb. 8-12: Putting head through a wall
- Want a PO box in Grand County? You might have to wait
- Local women to perform ‘The Vagina Monologues,’ shedding light on womanhood, domestic violence
- NWS: Brace for high winds, with gusts up to 80 mph, through Wednesday