Wolford ice fishing contest baits anglers with cash prizes
January 31, 2010
If you like ice fishing, $13,000 could be yours with the winning tagged fish. Come celebrate the 13th Annual Wolford Mountain Reservoir Ice Fishing Contest on Saturday, Feb. 20 on Wolford Mountain Reservoir in Kremmling.
Enjoy a day on the ice with friends and family and fish to win cash and prizes. There is a $5000 cash purse for the top ten largest fish, hourly big fish prizes, plus tons of prizes and a kids division with free goody bags. Entry Fee is $35, youth are free unless they want to be eligible for the cash purse.
No one will be allowed on the ice until 6 a.m. Hole drilling begins with a shot of the flare gun at 7 a.m. Contest ends at 3 p.m. Cash and door prizes will be awarded at 4:30 p.m. on the stage of the visitor center in the Town Square Park in Kremmling.
Competitors can pick up their Fishin’ February card for discounts on lodging, meals and shopping by stopping in at the Fishin’ Hole in Kremmling at 111 Park Ave. or the Chamber while supplies last.
This phenomenal annual event is sponsored by the Fishin’ Hole, Kremmling, Grand Fence LLC, Kremmling, StrikeMaster Ice Augers, FishExplorer.com, Red Rock Wilderness Store, Smart Wool, Colorado River Water Conservation District, Grand County Colorado Tourism Board and the Kremmling Area Chamber of Commerce.
Rules and Registration can be found at: the Fishin’ Hole in Kremmling, active.com kremmlingchamber.com and the Kremmling Area Chamber of Commerce or the judge’s tent beginning at 6 a.m. the day of the event.
For more information please contact the Kremmling Chamber at 970-724-3472 or 877-573-6654.
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Cirque Sled offers faster easier access to Winter Park’s side-country
- Elite athletes training to achieve highest paralympic level
- Warrior’s Scramble Catch and Release fishing tournament Feb 12 on Williams Fork Reservoir
- Alpine Aerials Gymnastics girls rock at statewide competition
- Fraser: Alpine Aerials Gymnastics Meet results
- Local rental management businesses offer warning to second-home owners
- USS Colorado to be commissioned
- Alterra’s new Ikon ski pass cost heats up rivalry with Vail Resorts
- Robert ‘Mark’ Smith gets $960K in settlement, must sell Kremmling properties
- Winter Park approves spring music series, extension for Rendezvous expansion