Jackie Wright: The Best Investment You Can Make – Your Health/Fitness
Grand County, CO Colorado
Every week many of us spend $20 to $30 for lunches and dinners out, a couple of glasses of wine or gourmet coffee drinks.
Over the course of the year this amounts to approximately $1,560 and countless calories.
And, while it is nice to dine out occasionally, have a libation with friends or enjoy a gourmet coffee, often we do not think of this money as being significant enough to matter.
But, the truth is, these expenditures could easily be invested in our own health, fitness and wellness.
Do you know that most high-quality exercise classes or programs can cost as little as $20 to $30 a week and this investment actually pays off huge physical dividends, the kind only exercise and proper nutritional habits can provide. Therefore, try the following strategies, investing in your health/fitness/wellness and experience the exponential increase in the quality of your years.
• Grab a jar and start saving your loose change. You will be amazed how quickly you can amass $20-$30 that you can spend on an exercise class/program or purchasing in-home exercise equipment that you will use.
• Give up one libation or gourmet coffee a day and that will save you $1,042 a year to use for your health/fitness/wellness and will save calories. In the case of both of these indulgences, the calories are almost always empty calories; consequently, you receive little nutritional benefit from inputting the calories, but pack on the pounds as a result. The little things do matter – 100kcal inputted a day for one year is approximately ten pounds!
• Organize a small group of your friends or co-workers and train periodically with a qualified, certified personal trainer as this is economical, effective and fun. Most personal trainers will come to your place of business/home and design a program specifically for your group. Convenient and frugal.
• Attend group exercise classes at quality health/fitness facilities. Group exercise is less costly than personal training, but provides you with tremendous benefits.
• Hire a qualified, certified personal trainer to design an in-home exercise program for you and workout at home.
• Visit your physician and get the facts regarding the state of your health so you know what your physiological limitations may be and then address those with the advice of your physician and fitness professional. It is better to know what is going on inside and out so you make wise, informed decisions regarding your health and lifestyle. This is money very well spent indeed.
• Invest in yourself and reduce stress levels by taking action. Examples would be to join a health club, hire a personal trainer, hiring a registered dietician to perform a dietary overhaul or visit your local physical therapist and learn to work with and around your physical limitations.
At the end of the day, if you invest in yourself, you will reap the benefits and rewards that this investment will yield. Feel better, look better and perform better, in all aspects of your life, by putting those dollars and cents into a quality life.
Next week, three great exercises to strengthen and condition the hip joint will be featured.
Jackie Wright is the owner/manager of Never Summer Fitness, LLC located in Grand Lake, Colorado. She can be reached at her website at http://www.neversummerfitness.com, her email at NSFGL@comcast.net and her blog at http://www.skyhidailynews.com.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.