Snow Mountain Stampede tops Nordic events in Grand County this weekend
Grand Nordic President
Grand County, CO Colorado
The Friday Fun Kid’s Cross-Country Ski Program continues at Devil’s Thumb Ranch Friday’s 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. through March 12. Ski, play on skis, have fun with skis! Hot cocoa to follow in the Nordic Center. Age: most kids are 3-6 years old. Questions: contact Cassidy Edwards at Devils Thumb Activities Center 970-726-8231.
YMCA Snow Mtn Ranch
• The annual Kids Nordic Ski Festival was a huge success at Snow Mountain Ranch on Feb. 26. Thanks to our many volunteers during the season. Prizes for everyone were supplied by Alpine Sun, Christy Sports, Grand Sports, Ski Broker, Snow Mountain Sports, Viking Sports , and the Snow Mountain Nordic Center.
• The Annual Snow Mountain Stampede starts at 9 a.m. on March 6 with a free 2k kids race followed by the 21k and 42k Classic and Freestyle and a 10k Freestyle. The Stampede is the highest marathon in the country. Come see the action! Sign up at http://www.active.com until Friday.
• The last individual Biathlon will be 13 March at the YMCA. Go to coloradobiathlon.org for details or call 303-985-4481.
• YMCA offers free skiing for Grand County locals on Wednesdays. An informal training race series lets you time yourself every Sunday morning at 9:30 a.m.
Fraser to Granby Trail open for winter use
• Join the Fraser Valley Partnership for Trails and the Winter Park/Fraser Chamber of Commerce Saturday, March 13 for a Celebration of the new Winter Park to Fraser groomed winter-use trail. Hot chocolate and cookies will be supplied at Hideaway Park from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Email email@example.com for more information or call Diana Lynn Rau at 970-887-3095.
• Fraser River Trail segments from Winter Park Resort through Winter Park to Fraser and from Tabernash to the YMCA are being groomed by volunteers from Fraser Valley Partnership for Trails and the Headwaters Trails Alliance for hikers, snowshoers, and cross country skiers. Dogs are welcome, but users should pick up after their dog. Access is free to the public. Many thanks again this year to our many volunteers, to Tidd Tech for supplying a groomer, to Charlie Rau for making a drag groomer and grooming the Tabernash section, to Andy Miller for grooming Fraser to Winter Park Resort, and to the Winter Park Fraser Chamber of Commerce for helping the Partnership purchase a snowmobile to groom the Fraser to Winter Park River Trail.
Diana Lynn Rau, Grand Nordic President can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.