Sulphur Ranger District continues slash pile burning
Firefighters with the US Forest Service will continue burning piles of slash on the Sulphur Ranger District next week, including the following areas:
- Winter Park Fuels/Upper Fraser (2,500 hand piles) – Southwest of Fraser and Winter Park.
- Keyser Creek Fuels (250 machine piles) – North and south of Keyser Creek
- Jericho Road Fuels (700 hand piles) – Northwest of Granby Dam
- Trail Creek Fuels North (5,000 hand piles) – 2.5 miles northwest of Fish Bay on Granby Lake
- ANRA/Supply Creek Fuels/Kawuneeche Road North (20 machine piles and 1,000 hand piles) – 1.5 miles northwest of Columbine Lake, near Supply Creek Trailhead
- Willow Creek Fuels East (500 hand piles) – East of Highway 125 near Kauffman Creek
- Pass Creek (175 machine piles) – West and east of Highway 125 near Gravel Mountain
- Blue Ridge (15,000 hand piles) – South of County Road 55 along Blue Ridge
- Cabin Creek (3 machine piles) –West of Highway 125 and FSR 112.
People are reminded that smoke may be visible from Grand Lake, Winter Park, Granby and the Colorado Highway 125 corridor.
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grand County make the Sky-Hi News' work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.