Up the ladder | SkyHiNews.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Up the ladder

A small unattended cooking fire in a unit at MeadowRidge Condos in Fraser was quickly brought under control by firefighters from the East Grand Fire Protection District Monday evening. Grand County Dispatch received a call about a possible fire alarm shortly after 6:30 p.m. Monday night. When firefighters arrived on scene they found the unit in question filled with smoke and initially believed there was a structure fire. Further investigation revealed the fire was the result of food left in a pan on a stovetop that was left operational. Firefighters were able to quickly douse the small blaze and began working to ventilate the unit.
Reader Submitted Photo by Libby Harling |


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

The Sky-Hi News strives to deliver powerful stories that spark emotion and focus on the place we live.

Over the past year, contributions from readers like you helped to fund some of our most important reporting, including coverage of the East Troublesome Fire.

If you value local journalism, consider making a contribution to our newsroom in support of the work we do.

 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User