Grand County could see up to 8 inches of snow by Saturday evening
February 15, 2019
Grand County is in store for some heavy snow this weekend, according to the National Weather Service.
The National Weather Service in Boulder is calling for up to eight inches in total snow accumulations from a storm moving into the area beginning Friday evening.
Snow showers will increase after midnight Friday, with accumulations of one to three inches by sunrise.
The heaviest snow is forecast to fall Saturday in the mountains, with accumulations totaling four to eight inches, according to the weather service.
Limited visibility is expected to be an issue, especially on high-elevation mountain passes such as Berthoud Pass, on Saturday as winds pick up and cause blowing snow.
Snow is expected to decrease Sunday, with just light snow expected over the higher elevations.
Trending In: Weather
- Grand Lake home explosion overnight kills 1, another in serious condition
- Early morning home explosion results in death of 67-year-old Grand Lake woman
- Weather service forecasting more snow for Grand County
- Grand County real estate transactions, from March 17-23
- Chasing the wind: The remarkable life and astounding adventures of freestyle skiing icon Bob Singley