What’s happening at East Grand School District
Superintendant, East Grand School District
• Congratulations to the Regional Champion MPHS Volleyball team. Please come and support volleyball at the state tournament in Denver this weekend. Also we would like to thank the Winter Park & Fraser Chamber for decorating the moose and our businesses that decorated windows. Awesome support.
• Granby Elementary physical education has started bingo cards for students. There is a 3-5 card and a slightly different K-2 card to differentiate physical abilities. All students who bring the card back partially finished on Wednesday, November 16 will earn a charm. If students bring the card fully completed (blacked out) they will earn a charm AND their name will be put in for a drawing for a whole turkey!
• FVE Pumpkin Decorating Contest winners: Grades K-2 – Cutest: Dana Castaneda, Ms. Bolen, Funniest: Virgil Villup, Mrs. Jarzynka, Original/Favorite: Hayden Kielley, Ms. Bolen, Most Like Book Character: Nora Biondo, Mrs. Jarzynka .Grades 3-5: Cutest: Alyssa Scott, Ms. Rimmer, Funniest: Aaron Ontiveros, Mrs. Manyak, Original/Favorite: Asa Kee, Ms. Rimmer, Most Like Book Character: Keely Monkouski, Mrs. Horton
• GES Pumpkin Decorating Contest winners: K-1 – Maddox Carter, Westen Hidell, Annabelle Scott, Laura Bell, Grades 2-3 – Mariela Sandoval, Jael Montandon, Elijah Gioia. Grades 4-5 – Dana Bell, Kylee Boomer, Aubree Hanson. Staff – Ms. Petty, Ms. Coutrell, Office Staff.
• This Thursday is the last day of first quarter for EGMS. Report cards will go home on the Nov. 10.
• Fifth-grade at FVE analyzed the lyrics from Michael Jackson’s Thriller and then learned the Thriller dance as part of a short unit on poetry. They also analyzed and compared Edgar Allen Poe’s The Raven and Annabel Lee.
• Our very own long-term sub Becky Johnson has been selected to be an official for the state level volleyball tourney. This is a huge honor was awarded because of Becky’s decade’s of experience and expert-level knowledge.
• Parents, please check that your child’s immunizations are up to date and if you plan to opt out of any CDC recommended immunization, you will need to fill out their exemption form on an annual basis.
• We now have a link on the GES web page for the Grrriz’s Gazette. We put out an edition every other month. Our staff consists of fourth and fifth-graders, (we currently have a sixth grader doing the editing) and the staff changes with every edition. This will be the third year that we have been doing it. We meet once a week for a half hour on Monday mornings before school to work on the articles. We are funded by grants through the Grand Foundation, Mountain Parks Electric and our GES PTA. The staff is responsible for finding ideas for their own articles.
• We have had three businesses donate metal for welding to the high school: Alan B. Architecture, Idle-Wild Spirits and Distillery, and Tiddtech Snow Grooming Equipment. We are now in need of Aluminum for welding. If you have aluminum to donate please contact the high school. All will be recycled after use.
• GES is teaching a fifth-grade boys leadership curriculum. This curriculum is designed to help adolescent boys make positive choices and treat others well.
• The High School CAD class is 3D printing a flying drone. We hope they work.
• The Middle School book fair this year was very successful; we had almost $3,000 in sales, which will result in about $1,500 worth of new books for the library. Thank you to librarian Deb Franek for organizing and running the sale. We also really appreciate all of the parent volunteers.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.