What’s happening at East Grand School District
Superintendant, East Grand School District
• East Grand Middle School PAC recently received a check for almost $300 from Safeway and $800 from Kroger. This is directly due to parents either using a Safeway gift card linked to EGMS (let me know if you’d like to have one – they’re preloaded with $10 and sold for $10) or linking their City Market card number to EGMS. More detailed directions are listed on our school website under “announcements” and then click on “view more”.
• If your student eats hot lunch or a la carte regularly, please check their lunch account and add more funds if necessary. We have quite a few students with negative balances. Thank you for your help with this.
• Join your kids at school for a Thanksgiving feast on Nov. 17. This is a full meal for only $3.50. Please let the school know on Wednesday if you plan to attend. Happy Thanksgiving from EGSD Food Service.
• MPHS will be offering students an opportunity to visit and tour the University of Colorado Denver, and the Community College of Denver on Nov. 30. Students will leave MPHS at 7:55 a.m. and travel to the Auraria Campus in Downtown Denver. The tour will begin at 10 a.m. and will cover both campuses, as well as allow students an opportunity to ask questions about both colleges. At the end of the tour students have the option to purchase food from the food court, or they can bring their own lunch.
• Thank you GES students and parents for a successful “BOX TOPS for EDUCATION” competition. GES students collected 5,997 box tops and Mrs. Devore’s Kindergarten class collected the most with 690. That class will have a pizza party to celebrate. Here are the numbers: KD – 690, KM – 124, KR – 50, 1 Gr – 245, 1 Go – 351, 1L 400, 2B – 515, 2T – 240, 2H – 424, 3 A/F – 400, 3H – 324, 3M – 490, 4B – 407, 4D – 237, 4S – 573, 5I – 180, 5P – 317, 5Y – 27. PTA will submit these box tops for 10 cents each toward our playground improvement fund. Keep saving them all year and there’s a new mailbox in the hall to drop them in. Ask your friends and neighbors to save them too! WE will have another classroom competition in the spring. Thank you to all.
• EGMS students are participating in the Hoops for Heart program through the American Heart Association. Students learn more about heart health and helping others through this program.
• Thank you to Jubil Young and the Medical Park Medical Center for providing an onsite Athletic Trainer at all the Varsity sporting events this fall. Jubil does a fantastic job keeping our athletes healthy and in the game. Go Panthers!
• Congratulations to the Middle Park Panthers Volleyball team who placed 5th at the State competition last week! Head Coach Kate Lapham was awarded Frontier League Coach of the Year for the thrid year in a row. Way to go Coach Kate!
• Reminder, that there is no school next week. Enjoy the break.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.