Woman dies in mobile home fire in Hayden | SkyHiNews.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Woman dies in mobile home fire in Hayden

The Associated Press

HAYDEN, Colo. (AP) – An 88-year-old woman has died following a fire in her home in Hayden.The Routt County coroner says Carmen Northtrop died of smoke inhalation in Tuesday’s fire.The blaze started when her husband, Billie Northtrop, was trying to thaw a frozen water heater pipe with a portable propane torch toward the back of their mobile home. The torch ignited the home’s insulation, causing the fire to spread quickly.The husband and Wayne Eller, a rancher who had been passing by, went into the trailer but weren’t able to reach Northrop, who was in the front of the trailer.A fire that started in the same way destroyed a mobile home in the town of Oak Creek on Dec. 22. No one was injured in that blaze. —Information from: Steamboat Pilot & Today, http://steamboatpilot.com/


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Grand County make the Sky-Hi News' work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.

For tax deductible donations, click here.
 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User