Grand County Libraries have large-print versions of popular publications
Grand County Libraries
Many Grand County Library District patrons have recently discovered a hidden source of books at their local branches ” large print editions of many of their favorite authors’ books.
These unabridged editions are not only a wonderful alternative when the reader’s eyes are tired from a long day’s work, but are often available when the regular-print edition is checked-out. Listed below are some of the large print books available to check out:
– “Memoirs of a Geisha” by Arthur Golden ” Golden follows the life of Chiyo, a 9-year-old orphan in a remote Japanese fishing village, until she becomes, Sayuri, the beautiful geisha accomplished in the art of entertaining men.
– “Plague Ship” by Clive Cussler ” This fifth installment of Cussler’s Oregon series follows the exploits of a for-hire covert ship that will do the government’s dirty work ” for the right price.
– “Sail” by James Patterson and Howard Roughan ” The dysfunctional Dunne family is trapped in paradise and fighting for their lives. In the prose readers come to expect from Patterson, this novel will keep readers glued to the pages until the thrilling end.
Support Local Journalism
– “The Tenderness of Wolves” by Stef Penney ” Set in the 1800s, this mystery brings to life the isolation and harsh environment of the Canadian frontier. The author’s debut novel weaves plot twists, romance, and imagery in this winner of the 2006 Costa Book Award.
– Antony and Cleopatra” by Colleen McCullough ” No stranger to epic tales, McCullough has created a compelling story of one of history’s greatest love affair.
– “The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society” by Mary Ann Shaffer ” This enchanting novel is written in the form of a series of letters that tell the story of a group of women living in the occupied Channel Islands during World War II.
– “Healing Foods Cookbook” edited by Prevention Magazine ” Semi-gourmet recipes from America’s health conscious magazine.
– “A Sister’s Hope” by Wanda Brunstetter ” Book number three in the Sisters of Hope County series this novel combines suspense, mystery and romance, all set in an Amish community.
– “The Last Patriot” by Brad Thor ” New York Times bestselling author Thor returns with the gripping story about a Navy SEAL turned covert Homeland Security operative in a race to locate an ancient secret with the power to stop radical Islam dead in its tracks.
– “Duma Key” by Stephen King ” The master of the horror story, King tells the terrifying story of a man recuperating in Florida Keys whose life takes sinister turn.
These editions are shelved as a separate collection. Your librarian will be more than happy to help you locate them @yourlibrary.
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grand County make the Sky-Hi News' work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User