Phyllis (Taylor) Simerson, 1933-2017
November 7, 2017
Phyllis Ellen (Taylor) Simerson, 84, died peacefully in her sleep on Oct. 22, 2017 in Morrison.
After retirement from Denver Public Schools in 1995, she and husband, Jim, lived in Granby until 2007 when they returned to Denver.
She was survived by daughters Gwynne Ellen (Paul) Stephenson, Glenda (James) Spooner; son Glen Simerson; grandchildren Sean (Anna) McFarland, Kelly Erin McFarland, Caitlin (David) Pena, and great-grandson Benicio Pena. She was preceded in death by her husband of 60 years, James Riley Simerson. At her request, cremation and private family interment has taken place.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Winter Park Resort bucks bad snowpack perception
- Winter Park Town Manager Drew Nelson resigns after domestic violence charge
- CAIC issues avalanche advisory as NOAA warns of looming winter weather
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ is leaving Park County, but residents continue to fight for more mining oversight
- ‘River bottles’ found in area streams contain hazardous materials — don’t touch