Phyllis (Taylor) Simerson, 1933-2017
November 7, 2017
Phyllis Ellen (Taylor) Simerson, 84, died peacefully in her sleep on Oct. 22, 2017 in Morrison.
After retirement from Denver Public Schools in 1995, she and husband, Jim, lived in Granby until 2007 when they returned to Denver.
She was survived by daughters Gwynne Ellen (Paul) Stephenson, Glenda (James) Spooner; son Glen Simerson; grandchildren Sean (Anna) McFarland, Kelly Erin McFarland, Caitlin (David) Pena, and great-grandson Benicio Pena. She was preceded in death by her husband of 60 years, James Riley Simerson. At her request, cremation and private family interment has taken place.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Winter Park Resort opens season strong with most snow in a decade (with video)
- Local authorities release additional details in last week’s fatal shooting
- Police arrest 2 in connection with making $1,400 in fraudulent purchases at Granby businesses
- Drink it up: Winter Park Resort commemorates new gondola with one-of-a-kind tequila by Patrón
- Grand County police blotter, Nov. 13-14: SOS from J.W.