Phyllis (Taylor) Simerson, 1933-2017
November 7, 2017
Phyllis Ellen (Taylor) Simerson, 84, died peacefully in her sleep on Oct. 22, 2017 in Morrison.
After retirement from Denver Public Schools in 1995, she and husband, Jim, lived in Granby until 2007 when they returned to Denver.
She was survived by daughters Gwynne Ellen (Paul) Stephenson, Glenda (James) Spooner; son Glen Simerson; grandchildren Sean (Anna) McFarland, Kelly Erin McFarland, Caitlin (David) Pena, and great-grandson Benicio Pena. She was preceded in death by her husband of 60 years, James Riley Simerson. At her request, cremation and private family interment has taken place.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Winter Park Resort donates Zephyr Express chairs to Grand Foundation
- Woman taken to hospital with second-degree burns after home catches fire off County Road 443
- Grand Lake woman, 71, seeks options for help after claiming authorities botched case
- Bear gets stuck inside Colorado mountain town post office
- CDOT has announced a $550 million plan to improve, expand westbound I-70 near Floyd Hill (with video)